Time trial calendar for 2022 listed HERE
Rider Checklist Summary: Follow guidance below – Sign on at start regardless of entry method, ensure emergency contact details correct, attach visible number to your back, working front and rear lights, helmet, self start (foot down), NO drafting, NO head down riding (one warning then DQ for the season), shout number at finish, check online for results.
Club payment details: North Norfolk Wheelers, sort code 09-01-29, account no.19987590 (bank Santander)
Two entry options below:
Members can pre-purchase entries for the season and obtain a fixed number (excluding hill climb) prior to the 26th March 2022. This will be £3 per race (i.e the CTT entry fee). Due to a lack of marshalls it is expected that on at least one event you are available to help marshal instead of ride. You will be allocated an event to help at, but if not available on that date then this can be changed. So for the 25 events during the year you can enter 24 of these and payment for whole season is £72 (or you can pay in two instalments of £36).
You still need to sign on at the start. Entries are non-transferable to other riders, but if not attending let us know to allow space for other riders. Entries are non-refundable if a rider decides not to ride, but in the event that races are cancelled by us and not rescheduled then a refund will be given if the rider requests this, or if not a reduction in their payment for next season. If a rider cannot continue to ride that season (e.g. due to injury or moving) then a refund will also be given.
The other way to pay is online in advance of the race. Other club members and guests please pay two days before the event online via Bacs and must be made to the club account stating ‘TT fee and rider surname’ in the comments. It is £5 for members, guests are £6. Please make this payable to North Norfolk Wheelers, sort code 09-01-29, account no.19987590 (bank Santander). Numbers will be allocated on the day when you turn up to sign on and must be returned at the end. If the event is cancelled by us (e.g. road closure) your payment will roll over to the next event you enter unless you want a refund.
Please follow the specific CTT and Covid-19 guidance for our club events as follows:
- A helmet, front light and rear light is mandatory, without them you cannot ride.
- Competitors should not attend if they feel ill in ANY way or if family members have any symptoms. An elevated resting heart rate or exceptionally quick to react heart rate during warm up can suggest an underlying asymptomatic illness of ANY kind. You should NOT start the event (DNS) and leave immediately. Do not go to the start line if you feel this is the case and notify the organiser of your intention not to start as a result of an adverse warm-up.
- As is stated in the risk assessment, the onus is on the rider on whether or not to travel to a specific event. It is not the responsibility of the organiser or promoting club to police this.
- Junior riders under 18 need a parental consent form handed in at the start. https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/documents/index/guardians
- Spectators are welcome to view e.g. from laybys along the route, but do not gather close to the riders in the layby.
- All riders must sign on at start from 30 minutes before the start and get allocated number (where applicable). No sign on after event starts. Riders to sign start sheet preferably with their own pen/pencil and add emergency contact details.
- No support can be provided if a competitor suffers mechanical difficulties. It is strongly advised that all competitors carry with them a spare inner-tube/tubular, pump and tyre levers if required of have an alternative method of getting picked-up. It is strongly advised that all competitors carry a mobile phone and take with them the telephone number of the event organiser or person to assist. Please contact the organiser (or ask someone close by) if you have failed to finish the event.
- No warming up on course after event has started. Riders to line up 1 metre apart up to 5 minutes before their allocated start time. Please ensure no more than 5 riders queuing – if more than 5 please wait elsewhere to line up . Riders set off at 1 minute intervals (i.e. rider 1 off at 7.01pm, rider 2 at 7.02pm and so on)
- The timekeeper will state 30 seconds to go then count you down from 10 seconds – riders will start themselves from a standing start with one foot on the ground or box or if assistance is available held and pushed off.
- Normal CTT rules apply with drafting, i.e. pass the rider at a safe distance (preferably >1m) and the passed rider to allow a gap of >30m to form so as not to gain an advantage.
- On crossing the line shout your number at the finish to help the timekeeper. No sign off is required but guests to return the permanent number if used . Competitors on finishing must not stop at the finish, return number if required at the layby.
- At the end the provisional results will only be published online via the club Facebook page within 30 minutes of last rider and later the website to avoid gathering round a printed results sheet. Final results with handicaps will be processed later in the week and put on the website.
- Stay alert stay safe race safe.
Other General Information
In accordance with Cycling Time Trials (CTT) regulations we must remind riders that the onus is on each individual to ensure that their bike position conforms with CTT rules, observe the rules and be responsible for their own personal safety. Time trials will be in accordance with the CTT rules https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/articles/view/11, road or TT bike. (Road bike category is 65mm max depth wheels, road helmet, no TT bars or hands over front of bike). Team TT and tandems are also allowed. We welcome new/guest riders to the club. If new to time trialling please read pages on the CTT website – see here https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/articles/view/28
A decision to cancel an event is normally made a few hours prior to the start or sometimes at the start if sudden change in the weather by the head marshal (e.g. if heavy rain/spray affecting visibility or standing water) and will be published on the website and/or our Facebook page (Here). In the event of a cancellation pre-paid entries will carry over to the next race.
The insurance cover through CTT is aimed primarily to protect race organisers and committees, including cover for claims arising from incidents involving competitors injuring other competitors or officials during an event. CTT recommend that all competitors/cyclists should consider purchasing personal third party insurance, either through membership of a national cycling organisation, from a commercial source, or as part of their household insurance. Details of CTT insurance is listed Here .
Start and Route Locations
1. 10 mile time trial Pretty Corner/Sheringham start (B10/5R). Coming from Cromer on the A148 there is a large layby just before the right hand turning to Sheringham (Click for Location). There is usually ample room to park if not the main Pretty Corner Car-park is signposted (brown signs) nearby. The Strava route is here > Route
2. 18.5 mile Hilly time trial start is located on the Sheringham Weybourne road. At Sheringham roundabout head west towards Weybourne. As you come out of Sheringham there is a Ford garage called Henries (Click for Location). You are allowed to park there and the start is just down the road outside Splash. The Strava route is here > Route
3. 10 mile Thursford time trial start is situated on the A148 at Thursford. Parking and sign on is just west past the garage on the A148 in Thursford, on the north side on the large grass verge (Click for Location). The actual start is about a mile to the east past the Crawfish pub at the junction of the A148 and Hall Lane (which leads to Gunthorpe). Do not turn in the road, turn into Thursford road opposite and cross. At the end of the TT continue to the BP garage and turn around here – no U-turns. The Strava route is here > Route
4. 15 mile Aylmerton time trial start is on the A148. Come from Cromer on the A148 and just before Aylmerton turning there is a small left hand turning / layby (Lions Mouth) which leads to the back of Felbrigg (Click for Location). You can park here and the start is opposite the layby. Overflow parking here (Click for location). The Strava route is here > Route
5. 25 mile Sheringham – Holt – Felbrigg time trial. Coming from Cromer on the A148 there is a large layby just before the right hand turning to Sheringham (Click for Location). There is usually ample room to park. The Strava route is here > Route
6. Beacon Hill Climb West Runton (BHC/5). Meet at Roman Camp Car-park at the top of the hill out of West Runton (Click for Location). Start is at the bottom of the hill close to the sign for the village. The Strava route is here > Route